The Member and Councillor trustees are elected by CRF members via postal and email ballot to ensure a fair and democratic voting process.
COMPOSITION OF THE BOARD OF TRUSTEES AS STIPULATED BY THE RULES
The Board of Trustees will consist of twelve (12) trustees of which:
Eight (8) member trustees shall be elected by Members (excluding Councillors) on a geographical basis as follows:
- Four (4) member trustees from the Western Cape;
- Two (2) member trustees from the Eastern Cape;
- Two (2) member trustees from the Northern Region (representing those provinces other than the Western Cape and Eastern Cape).
The remaining four (4) of the 12 trustees shall be elected by Councillors (who are members of the Fund), on a geographical basis as follows:
- Two (2) councillor trustees from the Western Cape;
- One (1) councillor trustee from the Eastern Cape;
- One (1) councillor trustee from the Northern Region (representing those provinces other than the Western Cape and Eastern Cape)
Term of Office:
All elected trustees’ term of office will be five (5) years.
Trustees of the Fund have a responsibility to ensure that the CRF is managed in a transparent and fair manner, including:
- Acting in the best interest of the member by ensuring the interests of MEMBERS in terms of the RULES and the provisions of the ACT are protected at all times.
- Keeping a close eye on all service providers to ensure your assets are managed properly and according to legislation.
The newly elected (7A) Board of Trustees officially took office on the 6th of April 2019.
Click on the name to find out more about each CRF Trustee: