Regardless of your risk category you chose, as a contributing CRF member, you have funeral cover up to the age of 75.
This benefit will cover you, your spouse, and your children for the following revised amounts:
|Insured Person||Funeral Cover||Important to remember|
|Member||R50 000||Cover ceases at the age of 75.|
|Spouse||R50 000||At the time of taking out the cover, your qualifying spouse needs to be 15 years of age and not older than 75 years.|
|Children (21-26)||R50 000||Provided that the child is unmarried if under the age of 21, or is unmarried and a full-time student if under the age of 26.|
|Children (11-21)||R50 000|
|Children (1-11)||R20 000|
|Children (0-1)||R20 000||Stillborn children are also covered, provided that the pregnancy term is between 26 weeks and full gestation.|
Important facts to remember about your funeral cover:
- Should you pass away before retirement, your dependants will remain covered until you would have reached the age of 65.
- Should you apply for a lump sum disability benefit and the insurer approves your claim, you and your dependants keep the funeral cover until you reach the age of 65.
- You have a repatriation benefit which takes care of transporting the mortal remains of the deceased to the place of the burial within the borders of South Africa
- All funeral claims need to be submitted within six months of the date of the insured person’s death
- Effective 1 April 2022 the CRF Funeral Cover is insured within the Fund (self-insured)
- The Insurance Act 18 of 2017 requires that members nominate a beneficiary to receive their funeral benefit should you pass away. Please ensure that you update your Beneficiary Nomination Form which includes a section where you can nominate who your funeral benefit must be paid to should you pass away.
- At retirement you have the option to continue with your funeral policy until you reach the age of 75 provided that you retire within either the Fund’s In-Fund Pension or In-Fund Living Annuity option.