If so, did you know that you have to belong to a retirement fund?
The next question is: How do you choose the right fund?
Here is a checklist of questions that you should ask before making your choice. Remember, this is currently a once-off decision and you cannot change between funds. So think carefully…
Does the Fund you are considering offer the following:
- Excellent financial track record
- Transparent, well governed with up to date audited results
- A choice of benefits suited to your personal needs
- Regular chances to change and customise your benefits as your circumstances change
- Funeral cover for you and your family
- Funeral cover for your parents and parents-in-law
- Funeral cover for other family members
- A choice of death and disability cover
- Nationwide footprint, so should you be transferred, you can stay with your Fund
- Choice of less aggressive investment portfolios as you get older
- Provide financial education to all its members to assist with investment choices
- Friendly staff who ensure efficient, accurate and sound advice
- Keeping members up to date with all developments that may affect their retirement via different mediums, including newsletters, emailers, SMS notifications, website, social media and face to face workshops
- Offer homeloans
If you have said yes to all of the above, then the CRF could be the only choice of Fund for you, and here is why:
The CRF is one of the largest and fastest growing local government funds in South Africa. We welcome local government officials and councillors nationwide, and provide all our members with excellent retirement solutions.
Our asset base is over R22 billion and we have more than 44 000 contributing members, including councillors. These numbers are growing by the day.
This is the CRF promise to our members:
- We are committed to providing you with market-leading investment returns over the long term
- We work hard to provide you with a choice of flexible, cost-efficient benefits tailored to best suit your unique needs
- Our aim is to run the Fund in an environment of uncompromising ethics, sound governance, and transparency
- Our intention is to empower you to make informed and responsible decisions regarding your retirement savings, ensuring that you have all the tools to retire financially secure
- We plan to keep you informed every step of the way – from the day you join the CRF until the day you retire
As Warren Buffet said:
Don’t save what is left after spending, spend what is left after saving.
We pride ourselves in our motto: Helping you manage your future!
@CRF for Local Government; www.crfund.co.za